Fire down below

Fire_beedell_003Fire_beedell_004Fire_beedell_005Fire_beedell_006Fire_beedell_007Fire_beedell_008Fire_beedell_009Fire_beedell_010Fire_beedell_011Fire_beedell_012Fire_beedell_013Fire_beedell_014Fire_beedell_015Fire_beedell_016

The flat downstairs from a rental flat we own has effectively been destroyed by fire. Cosmetically our flat is not badly damaged but we need to assess what unseen structural damage there is.

The downstairs tenant caused the fire with a candle / lantern in the hall and she has lost most of her furniture and goodness knows what else as well as a place to live. A lot of it is bagged up for rubbish collection.

The photos are of the burned flat, not ours. It is just shocking what damage can be done in a short time. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

It is a sharp reminder to be careful with candles this Christmas and always. They should never be left unattended.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s