Fire down below

Fire_beedell_003Fire_beedell_004Fire_beedell_005Fire_beedell_006Fire_beedell_007Fire_beedell_008Fire_beedell_009Fire_beedell_010Fire_beedell_011Fire_beedell_012Fire_beedell_013Fire_beedell_014Fire_beedell_015Fire_beedell_016

The flat downstairs from a rental flat we own has effectively been destroyed by fire. Cosmetically our flat is not badly damaged but we need to assess what unseen structural damage there is.

The downstairs tenant caused the fire with a candle / lantern in the hall and she has lost most of her furniture and goodness knows what else as well as a place to live. A lot of it is bagged up for rubbish collection.

The photos are of the burned flat, not ours. It is just shocking what damage can be done in a short time. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

It is a sharp reminder to be careful with candles this Christmas and always. They should never be left unattended.

Advertisements

Xmas cheer

Imag0105

I don't know about saving the planet but some people quite literally have money to burn.